As Scantron underwent a round of mergers in recent years, uniting three companies under one brand serving the K-12 education technology market, the companyâ€™s newly extended product suite struggled to maintain its usual stability and cohesion.
In the wake of Scantronâ€™s company consolidation, the Encore software package, deployed in 20 of the U.S.â€™s top 200 public-school districts, began to experience technical stabilization and quality issues. The Scantron team, newly charged with managing a larger product suite, struggled to maintain and upgrade Encoreâ€™s code platform and its quality assurance.
- Company underwent consolidation via mergers
- Expanded product suite hampered product support
- Product stabilization required specific skills, services
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention
- Increase in revenue with new professional services projects
- Stabilized product with reduction in customer service support tickets