Accelerating and Stabilizing Product Development Via Partnering
As Scantron underwent a round of mergers in recent years, uniting three companies under one brand serving the K-12 education technology market, the company’s newly extended product suite struggled to maintain its usual stability and cohesion.
In the wake of Scantron’s company consolidation, the Encore software package, deployed in 20 of the U.S.’s top 200 public-school districts, began to experience technical stabilization and quality issues. The Scantron team, newly charged with managing a larger product suite, struggled to maintain and upgrade Encore’s code platform and its quality assurance.
- Company underwent consolidation via mergers
- Expanded product suite hampered product support
- Product stabilization required speciﬁc skills, services
- Increased customer satisfaction and retention
- Increase in revenue with new professional services projects
- Stabilized product with reduction in customer service support tickets